Hey everyone. On this episode, we’re going to be making Salad Udon. Salad udon is cold udon noodles served with salad. Its really easy to prepare and if you keep this bento with an ice pack to keep it cool, it will be a nice refreshing lunch in the summer. This recipe is inspired by the recipe book “Kihon no Obento 300Sen”
Curry and Rice
Ingredients (1 servings)
Udon (fresh or frozen) 1pack
Grain mustard 1TBSP
Noodle Soup (Mentsuyu) 2tsp
Salt and pepper a pinch
Canned tuna 1/2 can
Canned corn 1TBSP
Lettuce 1 sheet
Mini tomato 2
1.Boil enough water for the udon
2. While you wait for the water to come to a boil, rinse the vegetables, and clear the water using paper towels. cut the mini tomatoes in half. Also drain a tuna can, which we will be using half of.
3. When the water has come to a boil, insert the udon. Follow instructions on the package for how long to boil the udon. In our case, its was 2 minutes while making sure the noodles don’t stick to each other.
4. Move the udon to a sieve and put it through cold water to remove the heat and sliminess.
5. In a cup, mix mentuyu (noodle soup), grain mustard, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
6. Put the udon and sauce together in a bowl and stir until its even.
7. Serve the udon in the bento box. Serve the vegetable and tuna in a different container. If your bento box doe sn’t have separate containers, you can put saran wrap over the udon and pack the rest on top of that.
8. Move the salad on top of the udon before you eat it.