Today, we’re going to be making a Gyu-don bento. In Japanese, “Gyu” means beef and “Don” means a bowl of rice. It is as simple as it sounds, and its super easy to make. And especially for this recipe, we’ve made it as simple as it can get, I think this is the fastest and easiest way to make a gyu-don.
Thinly sliced beef 200g
Mentsuyu (noodle soup base) twofold concentrated 2.5TBSP
1. Cut the onions. If you can slice them thin, and it will cook faster, which is a good thing.
I’m just cutting it like this just because its easier for me, as you might be able to tell, im not so good at handling knives.
2. Put a pan on medium heat, and mix in mentsuyu, water, and sugar.
3. Add in the onions quickly and sauté until they become a little transparent.
4. Add in the beef and sauté
5. When the beef looks cooked and there are very little sauce left on the pan, its done! Now wasn’t that quick!